Energy savings is a topic that is at the forefront of many of our customers minds. With the increased environmental awareness of the current generation and the current state of the natural environment, concerns regarding energy efficient and Energy Star qualified HVAC equipment are on the rise. Luckily, our company prides itself in offering some of the most energy efficient cooling and heating systems currently available. If you have any questions regarding energy savings, then please give our knowledgeable staff a call at (832) 662-6177 right away. We’re always standing by to help.
Information Regarding Different Efficiency Ratings
There is a difference between the different energy efficiency ratings that you will find throughout different types of HVAC equipment. Below, we will outline some of these different scales to help you to better understand what kind of efficiency to expect from modern technology.
How To Improve Energy Savings At Home
- SEER- SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiently Ratio, and it is the most common of the different types of energy efficiency ratings for equipment. It is often found on air conditioners and furnaces, and it is a ratio that measures the average efficiency over the period of a season.
- EER- EER stands for Energy Efficiently Ratio. It differs from the SEER rating in that it measures efficiency for a one time use at a set external temperature of 95º F.
- AFUE- AFUE stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. AFUE ratings are usually applied to furnaces and boilers because both of these systems use large amounts of fuel throughout the year.
- There are a number of different things that you can do as a home or business owner to make sure that you are wasting as little as possible. Some of these things include:
- Seal and insulate all duct work, windows, and doors.
- Make sure your equipment is maintained and up to date. An old unit can be extremely inefficient.
- Make sure to change your air filters regularly and whenever they appear dirty.
- Have your systems tuned every year by a seasoned professional.
Give Our Team Of Energy Efficiency Experts A Call Today
When it comes to HVAC energy savings, we’re the company to call. We can help keep your home cool and your power/fuel bills down. If you need any kind of help making your home or business’ HVAC system more energy efficient, then please do not hesitate to give our energy savings professionals a call.