Energy savings is a topic that is at the forefront of many of our customers’ minds. With the increased environmental awareness of the current generation and the current state of the natural environment, concerns regarding energy-efficient and Energy Star-qualified HVAC equipment are rising. Luckily, our company prides itself on offering some of the most energy-efficient cooling and heating systems. If you have any questions regarding energy savings, please call our knowledgeable staff at (832) 813-8035. We’re always standing by to help.
Information Regarding Different Efficiency Ratings
There is a difference between the different energy efficiency ratings you will find throughout different types of HVAC equipment. Below, we will outline some of these other scales to help you to understand better what kind of efficiency to expect from modern technology.
How To Improve Energy Savings At Home
- SEER- SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiently Ratio. It is the most common of the different energy efficiency ratings for equipment. It is a ratio that measures the average efficiency over a season.
- EER- EER stands for Energy Efficiently Ratio. It differs from the SEER rating in that it measures efficiency for one-time use at a set external temperature of 95º F.
- AFUE- AFUE stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. AFUE ratings are usually applied to furnaces and boilers because these systems use large amounts of fuel throughout the year.
There are a number of different things that you can do as a home or business owner to make sure that you are wasting as little as possible. Some of these things include:
- First, seal and insulate all ductwork, windows, and doors.
- Second, make sure your equipment is maintained and up to date. An old unit can be highly inefficient.
- Third, change your air filters regularly and whenever they appear dirty.
- Finally, have your systems tuned every year by a seasoned professional.
Give Our Team Of Energy Efficiency Experts A Call Today
We’re the company to call when it comes to HVAC energy savings. We can help keep your home cool and your power/fuel bills down. If you need help making your home or business’s HVAC system more energy-efficient, please do not hesitate to call our energy savings professionals.